Library, scene here with its magnificent window was opened in 1885. The
Library was built by money gifted by William Brander originally from Huntly
who made his money on the London Stock Exchange. The building to the right
now the post office was at one time the Court House and the houses scene in
Castle street behind the dukes Statue are no longer there.